By Tricia Weil
At Centerco, we specialize in making the experience of owning a small business better. Early in the life of any business, the owners sacrifice time and money to move their dreams forward. Through workshops, amenities and networking events, we support the efforts of startups and small business owners. Below, we’ve provided some resources for startups and entrepreneurs in the St. Louis area:
- Social Media Club – St. Louis: Learn social media skills at monthly networking events put on by Social Media Club St. Louis. No matter your level of social media understanding, all are welcome at the club’s events to learn and ask questions.
- St. Louis SCORE: St. Louis SCORE offers free business counseling and resources, low-cost workshops, and free business scan services. If you’re starting a business, preparing for a loan, or have existing business issues or opportunities, SCORE mentors can help.
- Treehouse Networkshop: Treehouse is a networking group that holds monthly events that provide attendees with inspiring stories, motivational content and inspiring energy. A bonus benefit of these fun events? Connecting with other professionals who are driven and looking to connect with like-minded individuals.
- Arch Grants: Arch Grants helps startups find funding opportunities, connect with networking groups within their industry and discover resources to further their mission. An annual grant competition awarded $750,000 in 2014. Follow @ArchGrants for announcements on 2015 grant applications.
- ITEN: Created in 2008, ITEN’s mission is to be the catalyst of the St. Louis region’s IT ecosystem. They work to accelerate scalable tech startups with programs for rapid product development, connections to talent, essential networking, and access to funding. ITEN’s offerings are designed by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and require neither payment nor equity from the startups they serve.
- 1 Million Cups of Coffee – St. Louis: 1MC is a simple way to engage entrepreneurs in communities around the world. Every Wednesday, entrepreneurs meet at Nine Network studios in downtown St. Louis, where the 1MC program offers two local entrepreneurs an opportunity to present their startup concepts to a diverse audience of mentors, advisors, and entrepreneurs. Presenters prepare a 6 minute educational presentation and engage in 20 minutes of feedback and questioning after they present. Entrepreneurs gain insight into possible ways they can improve their businesses, gather realtime feedback, connect with a community that truly cares about their progress, and walk away feeling like they have advanced their business. The audience also learns a great deal from the presentations. Whether this is through passively listening or deeply engaging with the entrepreneurs, there is much to learn every week from these dynamic and diverse communities.
At Centerco Office Suites, we provide shared office space, virtual offices, conference space and more to support our small business owners. For more information, click here.
Pictured above: Social Media Club St. Louis recently hosted a networking event and panel discussion focused on crowdfunding for business capital.