Did you know there are over 1,000 shared office spaces or co-working buildings in the United States? Born out of the desire (and need) to save money, co-working relies on the sharing of services, business resources such as receptionists, secretarial services, copiers and color printers, internet LAN & gateway infrastructure, and above all SPACE. By definition, a co-working environment consists of a conglomeration of people, working for different organizations, at the SAME TIME, in the SAME SPACE. Co-working spaces can typically be rented for a very reasonable rate without any additional overhead. No need to worry about utility payments, janitorial services, receptionist etc. There are several advantages to using this form of shared office space, especially for entrepreneurs, solopreneurs, freelancers, and startups:
• Lower cost. The first and most obvious reason to use co-working space is the cost. The cost of renting a private office can be prohibitive for many startups, but a shared office space gives many of the benefits of an office without the cost.
• Networking. The very nature of co-working means that there are a large variety of professionals from the local area that you might not have met otherwise. Working in a shared office space is a great opportunity to meet new people and network with those in industries aside from your own.
• Brainstorming and creativity. Since people who work in a shared office environment come from a diverse background of educations and industry, shared offices are a natural space for creativity to thrive. Many co-working spaces offer a “brainstorming hour”, and the variety in background ensures that you’ll hear some new angles or ideas that you hadn’t thought of before.
• Credibility for startups. What does one do when their company is too big to be run out of their house, but too small to justify renting their own dedicated office? A shared office space is a perfect compromise. It gives companies the credibility of having an actual office without the cost that could break a startup’s budget.
• Sense of community and support. Being an entrepreneur can be a lonely path, with family and friends not understanding why you chose a seemingly high-stress alternative to a “regular” job. Co-working immediately puts you in an environment with other like-minded people who understand why you chose to work for yourself or start a business, and can sympathize with the challenges that you face.
• Opportunities to attend workshops and events. Many shared office spaces offer workshops or events, exclusively for co-working members. These are a great opportunity to educate yourself and learn a new perspective. The events also give coworkers a chance to meet new people, have some fun, and take a break from all the hard work!
Centerco Office Suites offers all of these great advantages and more! We currently have specials to help you and your business take the next step. Arrange a tour today! http://centercoofficesuites.com/contact-us/